Wednesday, August 29, 2007

8/29/2007 - Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR

Maybe I'm getting old, but when I got my Playstation 3, I wasn't really excited. Yeah, I obsessed over the pros and cons of the system when I was considering it over the XBox 360, and I'm still in great anticipation over the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix game which was the greatest reason why I bought the PS3. But when I got it from UPS, opened the box, and plugged it to my TV, I was uncharacteristically calm. I think the last time I was really psyched about a video game system was the Super Nintendo. I think it was mainly due to the inclusion of Super Mario World, which was an ultra-sweet game that demonstrated how the SNES was technologically leaps and bounds better than the NES. As great as the NES was, and for all the hours and days I played on the NES, I was ready for more, and the SNES didn't disappoint.

While I was excited getting the SNES, I was nowhere near as apoplectic as this kid was in unwrapping his Nintendo 64:



Holy crap! If I didn't know better, I would say that he was taking caffeine intravenously. I actually like his reaction to his other Christmas present... I guess when you're that age, everything else is a letdown compared the Nintendo 64. Hmmm... I wonder what his reaction will be when he finds out it only comes with one controller and no games...

No comments: