Friday, August 31, 2007

8/31/2007 - Chicken Head Found in Chicken McNuggets

This news story freaked me out when I saw it af few years ago. I know that McDonald's employees aren't the most skilled workers out there, but you'd think that one of them would recognize a whole chicken head amongst their Chicken McNuggets! I just love how perfectly preserved it is after being deep fried. It's better than the mummification process the Egyptians used!



This video also gives me an opportunity to rant about McDonald's Chicken Nuggets. Specifically, how they made the bone-headed decision to get rid of the dark-meat pieces and go all white-meat. At the time they did this, their Chicken Selects were available and they were all white-meat chicken strips. If somebody wanted all white-meat, they could just choose the Chicken Selects, right? I know the dark-meat has more fat and some may consider it to be too oily or slimy, but I generally like dark-meat chicken. When I had the McNuggets, I expected the variety of having both meats... it was a flip of a coin of which you would get. Now, there is no more variety... no more excitement. By the way, what happens to all that unused dark-meat now?

No comments: