Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2/17/2009 - Electronic Cigarettes

I don't get the appeal of cigarettes. I think my grandfather let me take a puff once and I nearly puked. If nicotine is the drug that is the addictive agent, what makes smoking a cigarette the ideal delivery method for the drug? Gums and patches just don't do the job for some people and so they fall back to the carcinogenic smoking. But like everything else, there may be an electronic solution. There is now something called "electronic cigarettes" or e-Cigarettes, which look like the real thing and you can actually "smoke" the cigarette that releases a nicotine-laced vapor that you inhale to get your fix. They have these in Europe apparently and you are allowed to use them in the workplace! Will it take off as a true smoking alternative? I don't know, but I think it's a very creative solution. Here's video of e-Cigarettes in action:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The post is really informative. Personally, I feel that the revolutionary electronic cigarette is the best option for the smokers who want to quit smoking altogether as well as enjoy their urge for nicotine. Also, by smoking the electronic cigarette, you are not going to violate the rules against smoking. While purchasing the smokeless cigarette look for the accessories and refill programs available with it. The good news is the cigarette is available online through websites such as smokeanywhere.com.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Is it a good way to kick the habit? That remains to be seen.

In the Far East, I can now see suppliers selling e-cigarettes
http://www.hktdc.com/sourcing/industry/en/72/Cigarette_Tobacco_Manufacturers.htm