Friday, April 27, 2007

4/27/2007 - Freakiest Simpsons Intro Sequence yet?

I haven't really watched the Simpsons after maybe their sixth season. I don't know why... it's still pretty funny, I guess. Homer Simpson is still one of the greatest characters on TV (it's weird that he wasn't that dumb in the first season, though). I think I just miss the old Conan O'Brien written episodes. Those were some classics.

Still, they do manage to come up with creative openings. Take this one for example:



I once read a one-shot comic book where this was the main premise of the story. It was in reverse, though. The protagonist somehow shrunk himself to subatomic size and discovered that he was in another world... an "Earth" the size of an atom. It introduced to me the concept of a microcosm, the possibility that another universe can exist within particles we can't even see. There's also the possibility that our own universe is just another atomic particle out of a larger universe. It really freaked me out... and so does this Simpsons intro.

No comments: