Sunday, September 14, 2008

9/14/2008 - HALF BLOOD PRINCE DELAYED

I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I did enjoy reading the last two books. J. K. Rowling is truly a creative genius and I'd put her up there with Stan Lee in that category. I'm not a huge fan of the movies too, but I would like to see how the last two books are going to translate to screen. The sixth book, "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince", was supposed to come out this November, just a couple of months away.

Even though the movie would have been finished by that time, Warner Bros. decided to piss off millions of fans and delayed the release date to next July! That's a full eight month delay! If I were a woman, I could gestate a baby in that time! Warner Bros. even admitted that they made this delay purely for financial reasons -- that the movie would do better during the summer as opposed to November. You may fault them for being greedy, but they do have some chutzpah in admitting it. The fan outcry to this move was pretty vocal, as you can imagine. Just hours after the announcement, videos like this one started to show up on YouTube:

No comments: