Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9/3/2008 - Poor man's "Liquid Nitrogen"

Being a science nerd back in the day, I really wanted to get my hands on some liquid nitrogen. For something to be that cold and yet remain liquid is pretty awesome (I would have said "cool" but that would be a pretty bad pun). I would have so much fun doing the standard freezing of flowers and rubber balls and then shattering them on the floor. My fascination with liquid nitrogen was only heightened with the movie Terminator 2. Anybody who has seen the climax of that movie would know what I'm talking about ("Hasta la vista, baby!"). Sadly, liquid nitrogen would be out of the reach of my high school's budget and it was something we couldn't play, er, experiment with. It's too bad that we didn't have YouTube back then, otherwise we could learn from this video here:



This is something I'm actually tempted to try. Now all I have to do is find some dry ice...

No comments: