Saturday, January 10, 2009

1/10/2008 - Cruel Summer (2 videos)

I've been complaining how MTV and VH1 doesn't show music videos anymore, but I think I have an explanation as to why they aren't. I think that musical artists now are reluctant to do music videos even as promotional material for their albums (which was the primary reason for them in the first place). Why are they so reluctant now? Well, just watch this video:



Oh man, that is so incredibly retro... and not in a good way. The 80's where definitely a goofy time and it shows in that music video. After seeing something like that, I can understand why some artists would not want to do music videos for fear of looking stupid in the future. I mean, "Cruel Summer" is a great song and it's one of my favorites, but that video is breathtakingly bad. Ace of Base did a remix of the song only 10 years ago and even their video seems dated:



Still, I would prefer watching these music videos over the crap they're showing on MTV nowadays.

No comments: