Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1/27/2009 - Watch boiling water turn to snow!

I'm going to Washington, D.C. in a couple of weeks and my only trepidation about the trip is of the potential of some very cold weather. Living in the Southwest USA for most of my life, I have yet to experience truly sub-freezing temperatures. I mean, it snows in Tucson once every two or three years, and when it does, it makes the top of the news. I see tomorrow it will be 40 degrees Fahrenheit there and I would actually accept that for my trip. But I fear that the law of averages will play into the early February time period and below 30 degree temperatures will be awaiting me. If that's the case, I might try some experiments with freezing water or licking a metal pole or something. Watching this next video inspires me:

No comments: