Thursday, January 8, 2009

1/8/2008 - Astronaut demos drinking coffee in space

Being a science geek as a kid, I always thought that being an astronaut would be a dream job for me. But as I got older, I've been more and more apprehensive about even the idea of being in space. It's like I have some kind of phobia about it or something. Maybe it's the exact opposite of claustrophobia... an extreme form of agoraphobia perhaps. I don't know what it is, but the idea of being stranded out there and being far away from Earth gives me the night sweats.

Still, I would really like to experience weightlessness. I guess it would fulfill the dream of flying, being free of gravity, and just having fun with it. Imagine the "fun" you could have with a cup of water in a weightless environment. What's amazing is that scientists have found a way to make an open container that will work in space where the liquid doesn't fly everywhere:



I'd LOVE to try that with Tang.

No comments: