Thursday, March 19, 2009

3/19/2009 - A woman missed her flight at the boarding gate HKIA

Wow, over 5 million people watched this next video. And I'm sure most of them have the same impression: that the woman has lost her mind. Well, being Chinese, I have a somewhat unique perspective of this. The woman may be overreacting to a somewhat trivial matter of missing a flight, but her reaction is pretty characteristic of that of a middle-aged Asian woman. Trust me, I've seen this kind of behavior happen when rice is overcooked. I don't know what it is about Asian adults that take things so seriously. I mean, it's like that "parody" video of an Asian mom who berates her son for getting a B+ (and I put parody in quotation marks because I think it holds more truth than fiction). Yeah, and you thought you had crazy parents.

No comments: