Monday, December 3, 2007

12/3/2007 - iPod Touch Commercial

I received my iPod Touch last week and I am in love with it. It's my first iPod and I can see why millions of people are into these music players by Apple (and why Apple's stock is soaring!). Even though I'm not a huge music lover or audiophile, I can appreciate having all my music in my pocket instead of swapping dozens of CDs in portable CD players. Actually, what I'm using the most of on the Touch is the Safari web browser. It's just so useful to whip out the iPod to check a webpage or two for the information you need, instead of booting up the old desktop or even laptop computer. Again, with the SDK coming out in February, this thing will really be a full-fledged mobile computer with almost limitless possibilities.

I'm sure most of you have seen the iPod Touch commercial that's hitting the airwaves for the past month. What you might not know is that commercial is based on a YouTube video created by an Apple fan by the name of Nick Haley. Apple loved his commercial so much that they flew him out to the coast to help them re-make the commercial for the national airwaves. This, of course, is another example of the power of YouTube. While I think the commercial is alright, I really, REALLY wish they had used another song choice... like the one shown in this video:



Yes, that's right... it's "The Touch" by Stan Bush. Now, only Transformers nerds like myself would fully appreciate the song choice, but I do think it fits the product being sold.

No comments: