Thursday, June 26, 2008

6/26/2008 - Introducing Windows Vista for iPhone

Months ago I would have given some slack to Windows Vista. After all, how bad could it possibly be? The thing is I exactly have a computer that runs it. I've only tested it out in stores and on other computers. Well, after having to set up a few Vista computers at work, I can honestly say that it is that bad. I just don't get how they could have screwed it up that badly. My main complaint about it before was that it required too much in terms of RAM and processor... that it was a bad excuse for people to buy new hardware. While that is still true, the other problems with Vista I have faced gave me a full appreciation as to why people want to downgrade to XP. When an "upgrade" like Service Pack 1 causes a computer to crash with the Blue Screen of Death, you know you have a turkey of an operating system. Vista was supposed to be touted as all backwards compatible, but that is simply not the case. Much of that is due to lack of drivers, but if the codebase is not supposed to be that different from XP, then incompatibility is just a sign of bad programming. What offends me most about Vista is its blatant attempt to copy Mac OS X's interface with its fluid animations and graphical flourishes. So I don't know if its some kind of sick joke or karmic retribution that something like this can even be thought up:

No comments: