Monday, June 30, 2008

6/30/2008 - Mega Man 2 Megamix

I apologize if I'm repetitive about my professed love for the Mega Man 2 soundtrack, my absolute favorite video game soundtrack of all time. The Street Fighter II soundtrack is fantastic too, but it's because I just don't like the Dhalsim and Sagat stage music that puts it a close second. If you don't count Dr. Wily Stage 3 and 4 as having music (it's not music by my stretch of the imagination anyway), then EVERY stage of Mega Man 2 has good if not great music. I can easily say that Dr. Wily Stage 1 and 2 is my favorite video game music track of all time, and not just that, it's one of my favorite pieces of music in general. I play the soundtrack on a loop at work and if someone comes in my office and wonders what that music is, I just say that it's pure 8-bit goodness. I recently found one of the best remixes of the soundtrack on YouTube and it's a shame that the creator disabled embedding on the video... here's the link, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-k4XZZjrM8

No comments: