Saturday, August 16, 2008

8/16/2008 - nintendo e3 2008 conference in a nutshell

I resisted doing this, but Nintendo has to be taught a lesson. The more I think about what Nintendo did at E3, the angrier I get at them. It's not because I'm some Nintendo fanboy who up until now thinks that everything they've done is the second coming. Heck, I don't even own their last two consoles. The thing is, I do have a nostalgic love for the old Nintendo properties like Mario and Zelda and I can't stand to see them waste away their brand name with the current direction they presented at E3. It just wouldn't be good for the gaming industry as a whole, either. If competition breeds innovation then ceding the playing field to just Microsoft and Sony will just lead to a boring gaming landscape filled with first-person-shooters. Nintendo has to be shamed just as Sony was after their E3 conference in 2006. It eventually worked with respect to Sony as we are seeing their resurgence now. So with some very biased editing, here is the gamers' view of Nintendo's E3 conference:

No comments: