Saturday, August 23, 2008

8/23/2008 - Warhawk tips & tricks

I'm so glad Sony and Incognito are supporting the game Warhawk for the PS3. It's the first PS3 game I bought and it's still my favorite after more than a year. Every few months they release a patch or a booster pack that really changes the game and mostly for the better. Since the game came with a headset, I think it was the best $60 I've ever spent on a game. The thing I like most about Warhawk is that it's not overly realistic. Having a third-person perspective gives it a freedom that makes it different than combat sims like Call of Duty. Let's face it, those kind of shooters are unrealistic anyway... so why not play something that is more arcade-like and more fun? I don't know how Warhawk compares to Halo, but I suspect Halo's popularity is also due to it's fun factor. I've seen a lot of "machinima" videos of Halo where people record themselves playing out a comedy or dramatic type show with the Halo characters. This is the first machinima video I've seen of Warhawk, and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed:

No comments: