Thursday, September 13, 2007

9/13/2007 - SUPER MARIO BROS 2 Review

Like it says in my profile, I got addicted to YouTube after watching the Angry Video Game Nerd reviews. I'm pretty sure I've praised the work of James Rolfe enough, so I won't repeat myself here. However, he no longer posts videos to YouTube anymore because he's an exclusive for the video gaming site ScrewAttack. So if you're looking for an AVGN alternative, the "Irate Gamer" may be the next best thing. His reviews are in the same style as the Nerd's (some have even say he plagiarizes) and he has some pretty high production values.

I'm featuring his review of Super Mario Bros. 2 here... not because I don't like the game. In fact, I disagree with his review here, because I thought it was a pretty good game. The controls for SMB2 were leaps and bounds better than the controls for the first Super Mario Bros. Just go back and play the two and I think you'll agree. I also thought the gameplay mechanic of picking up and throwing objects was pretty innovative... just as your ability to choose four different characters with different abilities.

However, I didn't realize that the games was actually a remake of a Japanese game. The Irate Gamer explains this bit of trivia pretty well. Oh, and since his reviews are profanity laced, hide the kids...

No comments: