Wednesday, July 18, 2007

7/18/2007 - Video Game Deaths and Game Over Compilation (100th post)

Wow, I can't believe it's been a 100 posts already. I've written more in this blog than I've ever did for an English class. I only wish I was this prolific back then. It's been fun, though. It's helped me gather my thoughts and consolidate my opinions on so many subjects. I think I've gathered a great set of videos that will at least give me some enjoyment over and over again.

I would like to announce that I'm taking a little break, though. While there have been no shortage of good videos out there, weeding out the great ones is getting harder and harder. YouTube's popularity has really soared since the time I started this blog and that means that there are so many more videos to sort through before I find the gems. And if anyone is wondering, my criteria is this: I have to still like the video after watching it the third time. Don't worry... I'll be back after I've compiled a huge list of them.

I think the most appropriate way to usher in this break is to feature this video that compiles Game Over screens from various NES games. I am almost sure which one is the Angry Video Game Nerd's, though. It would have to be Friday the 13th's Game Over screen which he actually praised in his review of the game. It's probably the most blunt Game Over screen in the history of video games.

No comments: