Sunday, July 8, 2007

7/8/2007 - Back to the Future Vice City Mod Trailer

As far as movie trilogies go, my favorite has to be the Back to the Future trilogy. The Lord of the Rings movies are great films, and The Return of the King ranks as one of my all time favorites. However, they're so long and I just can't watch all three movies multiple times, especially The Two Towers. I was never a huge Star Wars fan (there goes my geek credentials); X3: The Last Stand sucks compared to X2: X-Men United and X-Men; the Spider-Man series takes too many liberties with the comic storyline; Rambo and Die Hard are getting their fourth movies this year; and I don't like pirate movies.

When I first watched Back to the Future, I was a young boy who was very much interested in science. So much so that I wanted to become some kind of scientist when I grew up (can I have my geek credentials back?). The subject of time travel in the movie really tickled my imaginations and Dr. Emmett L. Brown became my hero. Yeah, there's plenty of bad science in the movies, but the creativity of the writing and film making more than made up for it. Some people don't like the dark nature of Part II, but really enjoyed the part where Marty has to go back to the same time period where he was in Part I. I could just imagine the fun they had in recreating those scenes they did years earlier but from different angles.

And how cool was the DeLorean? With the popularity of the movies, I don't know why that car wasn't more mass-produced. While it would be pretty hard to procure a DeLorean, you can download a mod of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City which contains the Back to the Future DeLoreans as in-game vehicles. In this movie, you can see all three models: the first one that required plutonium to power the flux capacitor, the second one that had Mr. Fusion and could fly, and the third one with the microchip that got replaced with 1955 counterparts. Everything is masterfully recreated, from the fire trails to the 88 mph activation of the time circuits!

No comments: