Tuesday, July 3, 2007

7/3/2007 - NBA Finals Lebron Etch A Sketch

I used to own an Etch A Sketch in my childhood. It was a strange drawing device that allowed you to control an internal pen with two knobs, one for vertical movement and one for horizontal movement. If you made a mistake, you would have to start over because the only way to clear the screen was to shake it so that the entire screen is erased. In order to draw anything more complex than stick figures, you have to master the diagonal and circular movement with the pen. And to make really good drawings, you have to be creative in camouflaging the connecting lines because you can't "lift" the pen... it all has to be done in one continuous stroke.

I got pretty good with my Etch A Sketch... I could draw faces and duplicate drawings or photographs in front of me. But what is shown on today's video is something I would never even attempt. This guy is an Etch A Sketch god. If you were to look at the final result, it looks like a really good drawing by itself. But knowing that it came from an Etch A Sketch... damn.

No comments: