Friday, November 23, 2007

11/23/2007 - Cal Band- Video Game Show 2007

I don't know how many people in the audience of this next video are video gamers, but I hope they all appreciate what the Cal band has performed here. This video has definitely gone to the top of the heap of my favorites simply because it tickles all of my fancies as a retro gamer and video game music lover. It must have taken the Cal band months and months to put this little halftime show together, but it was well worth it. If the halftime show for the Superbowl was like this, I would skip my normal bathroom break.



It's a little hard to see because it's upside down, but the patterns are from the games Pong, Tetris, Mortal Kombat (complete with the MK dragon!!!), Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario World. To think, if it weren't for YouTube, the Cal band members would never have gotten their 15 minutes of fame which they wholeheartedly deserve.

No comments: