Saturday, November 3, 2007

11/3/2007 - Cool Computer Program

Sometimes I wonder if I missed my calling and blew the chance at learn or work at a place like MIT. Don't get me wrong... I love my sysadmin job and I think I'm pretty good at troubleshooting computers. But when I see cool stuff like this next video, it makes the work I do look like child's play. This whiteboarding technology is like nothing I've ever seen. It looks like a combination of a projection display with either a touch-sensitive background or perhaps a motion-tracking system to follow the pen. There's some kind of hand-writing recognition feature to autocomplete the shapes and figures drawn. A built-in "dictionary" of physics and engineering concepts rounds out the software featureset. The integration of all these features is phenomenal. It may be something that would be very useful in physics simulation or as a design tool. But face it, you'd probably spend hours making to carts crash into each other.

No comments: