Sunday, November 4, 2007

11/4/2007 - Crazy Indian Video

I now know why they use the term "culture shock". Every time I watch one of these Indian music videos, I'm speechless. What's weird is that they do try to incorporate some aspects of American pop culture. The problem is that they stuff they copy from us is over twenty years old! I mean, Michael Jackson and George Michael might have been cool back in the day, but now they are more known for their perversity. The Indian Thriller video I highlighted before might have been a nice little homage, but this one is just plain strange. What is awesome about it though is not the video itself, but the subtitles that go along with it. YouTube user "buffalax" has watch the video (many, many times, I'm sure) and provided subtitles that are not a language translation, but what the lyrics sound like using English words. The result is quite hilarious:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be doing something wrong, but the videos are all coming up as not available.

jkwong111 said...

Is it still doing that? Sometimes it happens when YouTube is down or takes down a video for copyright infringement or something.