Thursday, January 10, 2008

1/10/2008 - super mario galaxy DS !!!

When I first saw this video, I said "Whoa!". When I heard later that this video was a fake, I said "Whoa!" I mean, if that's a fake, it's probably the best fake I've ever seen. Most of the time when people create fake videos through clever video editing, you can see the seams and you can tell it's a fake. It's like that Superman video I featured earlier with Tom Welling in costume. You can tell it his face was superimposed on Christopher Reeve or Brandon Routh. In this video, I can't tell where the seams are. Everything looks like it would be if Nintendo themselves produced it.



Not only does this video look real, it plays on the hopes of all the owners of Super Mario Galaxy out there that this kind of functionality with the Nintendo DS was there in the first place. Supposedly, the Wii was going to be a hub for the DS to download demos or even full games from. The PS3 has that kind of functionality with the PSP, so why not the Wii and DS? And before the videos was revealed as a fake, I'm sure people were excited by the notion that progress on the DS version of Super Mario Galaxy would translate into Wii points. Something like this would make a lot of sense. Gamers have plenty of incentive to finish a game and unlock all the extras, but winning Wii currency would be pretty sweet.

No comments: