Wednesday, January 2, 2008

1/2/2008 - Terminator 2 1990 rare teaser trailer

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles debuts next week and while I have my doubts about the show, I still want to see it. Why? Well, this season of 24 has been postponed indefinitely because of the whole writers' strike thing and there's nothing else to watch on Mondays. Also, it's Terminator, man! Yeah, there's no Arnold, or James Cameron involved, but it's still going to be about killer robots and time travel. I like time travel movies in general, but when James Cameron added the concept of killer robots... it just spoke to me. I didn't watch the original Terminator in the theater (I was only 8 years old when it came out!), but when I saw it rebroadcast on TV years later, it blew my mind. It had everything: great action, special effects, drama, and a great ending. The thing is, I thought the ending was final. I mean, at the time, I was really eager to see some kind of sequel to the movie, but according to the story, Skynet was about to be destroyed soon after Kyle Reese was sent to the past, making any more time traveling impossible. There was no internet back then, so I had NO idea that they were indeed planning a sequel. So when I saw this teaser, I just about crapped my pants:



Again, I really did not expect this. This brief teaser had my mind racing... a whole assembly line of Terminators? Holy crap! Was there going to be an invasion? Are they still after John Connor? Who's gonna be the hero? I thought Arnold said he would never play a bad guy again. Well, all those questions were answered in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a movie I saw SEVEN times in the theater. Of course, Arnold didn't play a bad Terminator, but this teaser sure made it look like he would. Which is a little disappointing because I thought he was a badass in the first movie. It turns out that he would play a bad guy again years later in... guess which movie... Give up? Batman and Robin. He should have stuck to his promise.

No comments: