Wednesday, March 19, 2008

3/19/2008 - Royksopp - Remind Me

When I first heard that they were going to make a TV sitcom out of those Cavemen in the Geico commercials, I thought that it would be an instant bomb. I mean 30 seconds is quite enough for some lame attempt at using actors with prosthetics to illustrate how "easy" Geico is, so somebody thought it was a good idea to expand it to 30 minutes? Needless to say it was canceled after just a few airings. I never got the appeal of the Cavemen anyway... the only commercial of theirs I thought was mildly amusing was the one where one of the Cavemen walks along a people-mover and spots a Geico advertisement that offends him. And the only reason I like that commercial is because of the cheesy elevator music playing in the background. It's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head after listening to it, and I had to find out what what it was. Enter YouTube and its fantastic search function... turns out I wasn't the only one who was curious about what the music was in the commercial and someone in the comments identified it as being a song by a Norwegian duo who call themselves Royksopp. The song is "Remind Me" and after a little more digging, I found their music video which is actually quite good:

No comments: