Saturday, April 12, 2008

4/12/2008 - neti pot

Normally, I'm a fan of all infomercials. They usually showcase some cool gadget or invention in such a cheesy way that may not necessarily influence you to buy the product, but it will at least leave a lasting impression. This may not be an infomercial... it's actually more of a demonstration video, but it certainly leaves an impression. And NOT in a good way. It's a video that demonstrates how to use a "neti pot", something that is supposed to irrigate your nasal cavity. Why is this product necessary? I'm still scratching my head on that one. What's more disturbing is watching it in action. If you think it's disgusting to see someone picking their nose, try watching this and not wincing:



They try to make the video seem serene and soothing with the soft focus and the background guitar music, but that only makes it more unsettling. I guess if I made a video of someone cleaning out their nose, I'd try to distract from its gross nature as well. I mean, why didn't they go all the way and demonstrate an enema? I think that would at least be more entertaining.

No comments: