Sunday, April 6, 2008

4/6/2008 - Brawl: Through the Fire and Flames

So I played through most of the Subspace Emissary portion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and if there's one word to describe it, I would have to say it is "epic". Sure, the story may be a bit nonsensical, and having no dialog hurts it, but having all the Smash Bros. characters band together for one adventure is something that must be experienced for sure. The one grating aspect of the whole thing was the overuse of the Brawl theme song that is supposed to be some kind of Latin operatic. It would be fine, I guess, if the music was great and catchy, but it really is not in my opinion. And when I'm playing a fighting game, opera is the last thing on my mind. The Subspace Emissary campaign would have been far better served with say, Dragonforce's "Through the Fire and Flames" as this video demonstrates:



Now that's more like it... and kudos to the editor of this video which is one of the most impressive syncing jobs I've seen for a music video.

No comments: