Sunday, April 20, 2008

4/20/2008 - Lord of the Rings - Voiceover

The Lord of the Rings movies were great on so many different levels. I had never read the books or was even familiar with the story at all before the movies came out. And when people used to say that the books just could not be filmed into a movie, I would have probably agreed. However, they could not have foreseen the fortitude of director Peter Jackson and the technical capabilities of today's special effects wizards. Everything and everyone worked so well together that I doubt that we will ever see such an amazing saga brought to the big screen again in our lifetimes. Case in point: Peter Jackson's follow-up to the Lord of the Rings: King Kong. Technical achievements aside, that movie was so long and overwrought that I literally checked my watch every 15 minutes in the theater. What was amazing to me was that it was no longer than the final installment of the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, and yet that movie just flew by compared to King Kong. It's just a testament as to how well paced and well crafted that movie was and it's definitely my favorite of the trilogy. However, after watching this YouTube video, I will never see one of the ending scenes in the same way again:

No comments: