Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4/22/2008 - 300 - PG Version

So this is my 300th post and it's actually just about a year ago that I started this blog. Back then I thought it would be easy to find great videos out there to blog about everyday, and there are a lot of really good videos to find and talk about. I could pick any of the "Featured" videos on the front page of YouTube and probably appreciate it in some way. However, I'm really looking for the gems and those videos that appeal to me in some personal way. If you can't tell already, most of my longer blog entries have focused on videogame videos because, frankly, that's what is dominating my free time right now. Hey, I have to immerse myself in that world, otherwise I'll be out of touch with the crowd at the Iron Man of Gaming competition this June!

Anyway, I thought the perfect way to celebrate this 300th post is to feature some video on the movie 300. I watched that movie recently on my PS3 in Blu-Ray form, and it's probably the best demonstration of what the high-definition player has to offer. You can see each and every one of the arrows in that final scene! I gotta say that it's a true MANLY movie... more so than probably another other movie in recent times. Thank goodness, because I've had it up to here with all these metrosexual leading men! 300 may be kind of extreme, though, especially with its stylized violence. It's definitely a rated-R movie, which is a shame because it could have been edited for a wider audience. Here's a hilarious example of how that would have been done:

No comments: