Wednesday, April 30, 2008

5/20/2008 - The Quintuple Quad

Alright, I think I'm nearly finished with the single-player story mode of Grand Theft Auto IV, so I hope I'm going to be getting my life back soon. And that means returning to watching endless amounts of YouTube videos and blogging about them! I may be repeating myself, but it's getting a lot harder to find good videos now. A lot of times I rely on what's the most popular videos of the day and there just seems to be a dearth of good material out there that appeals to me. Apparently there are a lot of perverts out there that watch "hentai" videos on YouTube enough to make them appear on the most popular video page. I'm pretty sure a lot of these videos are just RickRolls too (this practice HAS to stop, by the way).

What's the most disturbing trend on YouTube these days is the rash of deleted/suspended accounts of a lot of game reviewers, including the Angry Video Game Nerd! I don't know what is happening, but it's like a sort of Armageddon taking place with YouTube. I've heard that hackers may be involved, or it could be some kind of mass "copyright infringement" purge YouTube is implementing right now. I hope it's all some kind of mix-up, but if these kind of things continue, I don't know whether or not I can maintain this blog. My short-term goal is to have at least 365 posts so there is a year's worth of blog posts. It's all very disheartening to say the least.

Well, after getting that all out of the way, it's time for today's video. Actually, I saw this quite a while back and I'm just now commenting on it. It's another one of those videos that can get you addicted to YouTube because of all the related videos that go with it. I mean, if you watch one video of a guy eating a 20-patty burger, you have to see the other videos of people eating competitively or just for fun. Even though Holden Harmes might not match up with the likes of Kobayashi (of Nathan's hot dog eating fame), what he does here is still very impressive. It's not just eating FIVE Burger King Quad Stackers that is amazing, it's keeping the burger all together and downing it in under 15 minutes that really makes this video worth watching:



Remember that there are 20 slices of cheese in this burger and as many pieces of bacon as well. And do you know what's even more amazing? Even though the video description says that this is the last of the Quad Stacker challenges, Holden actual returns for the Sextuplet Quad Stacker (that's 24 pieces of meat, 24 pieces of cheese) in a later video. I didn't feature this particular video because it's split up into two parts and there was some editing involved. It's just not as impressive as this unedited gorge-fest.

No comments: