Sunday, February 10, 2008

2/10/2008 - Mega Man Music Video

The last Mega Man music video I featured dealt with what I consider to be the best Mega Man game and the best 8-bit game in general, Mega Man 2. Interestingly enough, I didn't have the original Mega Man before buying its sequel. Mega Man was not a very popular game and with its horrible box art, it's no wonder why.



It wasn't until Mega Man 2 became popular that the original Mega Man became a sought-after item. In fact, I didn't find my copy at a toy shop or an electronics store. I found mine at a Walgreen's in the bargain bin! As far as the game itself, it's a great game and definitely the first of its kind. It really got out-shined by it sequel, though, which improved on the original in every respect. What struck me about Mega Man was how difficult it was compared to Part 2. And that is precisely the subject of this music video:



Poor Mega Man, he has to relive every frustrating aspect of that game: the drop-away platforms in the Gutsman stage, those annoying Roomba-like machines on Elecman's stage, and the dreaded Yellow Devil in Dr. Wily's stage. I didn't even know it was called the Yellow Devil until recently. But the name certainly fits. To this day, I can't beat that thing without the famous pause-unpause glitch.

No comments: