Friday, February 15, 2008

2/15/2008 - YupYupYup

Call me an old fogy, but I don't get rap music. How did it become so popular with the youth? It doesn't sound musical. I mean, there's a reason why they don't allow rap music on American Idol. It's only appeal I think is the harsh language and that it (tries to) keep a beat. But if rap music disappeared from the Earth tomorrow, I don't think people would cry over it. That said there are two rap songs I actually like. One of them is Sir-Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back", mainly for its hilarious lyrics. The second, is from this video:



Who knew Balrog could rap? I really like the use of Chun-Li's battlecry from her lightning kicks as the "chorus". Come to think of it, the reason why I like these rap songs is because of the clever lyrics, and not because of their "music".

No comments: