Tuesday, February 19, 2008

2/19/2008 - Spooky photo proves life on Mars?

Back when I was in grade school, I read all the pseudo-science books. You know, the stuff about UFOs, the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, psychic powers, spontaneous human combustion... all the stuff they showed on the X-Files. I guess that's why it was my favorite TV show when it was on. Anyway, I used to believe in this stuff. I always thought that you couldn't disprove the photographs... in fact, I thought the graininess showed that it wouldn't be from someone who was trying to perpetuate a hoax.

Boy, was I naive. I know they didn't have Photoshop back then, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to doctor a "Nessie" photo. Jeez, I think I did a lot of book reports and science papers on this stuff. I mean, it's not that I don't believe there are aliens out there... in fact I do... but I just don't think that they have had televised autopsies. I may be naive again, but when there's finally proof of this stuff, I think we'd really know it... especially with the internet now.

I had to chuckle when I saw this news story a couple of weeks ago, though. Has there been life on Mars? Primitive "life", maybe. Is there life there now? Probably not. But then again, there's this photo:



I just love how this "alien" looks like the famous picture of Bigfoot:

No comments: