Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2/27/2008 - The Great WARIO WAFT

Just to follow up on my blog entry about the Final Smashes of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I just wanted to mention that I plan to play as Wario in the game. Why? Well, I've used him ever since he was included in the Mario Party games. Call me anti-establishment, but I just love how he's the oddball of the Mario "family". He was actually the bad guy when he was introduced in Super Mario Land 2 for the Game Boy. I guess he was such a hit with the players that he became the main character in the next game. He used to be portrayed as a greedy SOB, but now he's just a sort of obnoxious anti-hero. When the first video of Brawl came out revealing Wario as a playable character, it looked like his Final Smash would be a fart of atomic bomb proportions. That was what cemented my decision to use him as a character! It sort of disappointed me that his actual Final Smash would just turn him into Super Wario. But at least you can recreate the atomic fart if you so desired:

No comments: