Saturday, February 16, 2008

2/16/2008 - The Dark Knight Trailer. IN LEGO!!!

After watching the sub-par Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem in the theaters and realizing how much they have raised the prices to watch a movie, I decided that I'm watching ONLY superhero movies in the theaters from now on. Fortunately, this year is bringing forth a bunch of superhero movies. First, there's Iron Man, which looks awesome so far and has a perfect cast in my opinion. Then, there's the Incredible Hulk movie which is supposed to be a reboot after the unpopular Hulk movie from 2003. Personally, I liked the first Hulk movie, but I can see why the general movie going population didn't. What's exciting about the Iron Man and Hulk movies is that I hear they are going to have some crossover elements in them so that they can lay the foundation for an Avengers movie! Now that would be awesome. I know a Hellboy sequel is coming out too, but I've never read the books or have even been interested in the character, so I'm skipping that one.

I was going to skip Batman: The Dark Knight until I recently re-watched Batman Begins and found it to be a better movie that I originally assessed it to be. Yes, there are still those annoying plot holes I have problems with, but as a whole, I think it's a great origin movie with a pretty good cast (I still prefer Michael Keaton as Batman). The last scene of the movie sets up the Joker as the bad guy in the sequel and everybody was really curious in the Heath Ledger casting of the role. Sadly, he is no longer with us, but from what we see in the trailer, he looks pretty convincing as the hyena-like maniac. For those who haven't seen it, here it is... in Lego form!

No comments: