Friday, June 29, 2007

6/29/2007 - My iPhone Diary

Today is iPhone day! I'm an Apple fanboy, so I wish I could have been part of those crowded lines (and being in Tucson, AZ with the 106-degree heat, that's saying a lot), but I don't have an extra $600 to burn. :( In all honesty, I don't use my cell phone too much, so as a phone, it wouldn't be worth much to me. So if they made a phone-less iPhone that didn't require a two-year plan, I'd love to replace my aging PDA even if it did cost $600.

To celebrate iPhone day, we have a video review of it by David Pogue of the New York Times. He's their technology writer and a Mac user himself. His reviews are always entertaining, combining just the right amount of humor with all those geeky details. For example, look at this video of him comparing the features of Windows Vista to those of Mac OS X. In a world of dry, boring technology reviewers, Pogue stands out with his more light-hearted take of Silicon Valley. If Justin Long didn't want to be the Mac guy in those Mac-PC commercials anymore, they should really hire David Pogue.

No comments: