Tuesday, May 1, 2007

5/1/2007 - 30 minutes of 80's cartoon Openings

Man, what happened to morning and afternoon cartoons? What does a kid watch nowadays? The Today Show? Dr. Phil? You have to have the Cartoon Network to be able to watch any cartoons at all. I really don't have an explanation for this. I mean, kids have spending power... just ask my parents. :)

When I grew up in the 80's there were all these cool cartoons that captured my imagination and sparked playground conversations (there weren't any watercoolers yet). They may have been shameless in their advertising purposes, but hey, that's capitalism and it worked! We bought the action figures and playsets to recreate scenes we saw in the cartoons. Now action figures are more for collectors, never to be opened from the box. It's really sad.

Well, it's nostalgia time, and here is half an hour's worth of 80's cartoon openings. All the great ones are here... Transformers, G.I. Joe, He-Man. I just wish they included Robotech. Hmmm... none of them have aged particularly well, with the possible exception of Beetlejuice. Must be that Tim Burton post-modern design thing...

No comments: