Tuesday, May 8, 2007

5/8/2007 - Shop at Home people are idiots

When I first subscribed to cable TV, one of the channels I was most looking forward to was the Home Shopping Network, believe it or not. You see, I'm an infomercial junkie and I love the idea of a channel that was basically 24 hours of mini-infomercials. I don't watch the clothing items or jewelry stuff, but I really enjoy the household helpers, kitchen gadgets, and electronics. I'm easily influenced, but I have enough self-control not to go crazy and buy everything in sight.

For years it was just HSN and QVC as the premier home-shopping channels. As it turns out, QVC is really the better channel as they generally have higher quality stuff. I don't know why there was a need for another channel, but eventually Shop at Home appeared and jeez, is it crappy. They sell really generic stuff, and the discounts aren't that great. What really puts them at the bottom of the barrel, however, is their on-air personalities. I think even to call them idiots is an understatement. This video is a perfect example:



A horse? How do you mistake that for a horse?! I love how Mr. Einstein tries to delineate the "horse" features on what is clearly a moth. How anybody can buy anything from this guy is beyond me.

No comments: