Saturday, May 19, 2007

5/19/2007 - Millimetres Matter

What do you get when you mix a high-speed camera with macro photography? You'd get something like this next video. Mythbusters may be the masters at capturing explosions at high-speed, but I've never seen anything like this. The filmmakers somehow built a tiny catapult that launches what appears to be miniature pies. Their target? Insects!

I find it amazing that the pies even hit the targets. I mean, have you ever had trouble swatting at a fly? I sure have! Those buggers are annoying! Just when you think they've landed for a rest they fly away just as you go for the swat. I work near a bee lab and nothing annoys me more than having to wash the bee poop off my car every week. And thus nothing satisfies me more than seeing one get nailed by a "tart"! I just wish it was a toothpick!

No comments: