Wednesday, May 2, 2007

5/2/2007 - Celebrity Jeopardy Compilation

After watching Old School, I finally understood the appeal of Will Ferrell. It's the simple fact that this man has no shame. He can go from running naked in the streets to wearing a ridiculous elf outfit to skating in a male pair team with ease. It amazes me how well he plays a drunk too.

What I miss most about him being on SNL isn't any of these fratboy antics, however. I really miss his straight man performance as Alex Trebek in the Celebrity Jeopardy skits! It doesn't matter that he doesn't look like or sound like Alex Trebek (I don't think he was even trying), the feud between him and "Sean Connery" was just classic. The insults Darrell Hammond as Connery laid on Will Ferrell got funnier each skit. You can tell they were having fun with it too.



It was also fun to see the celebrity hosts make fun of other celebrities in their imitations of them. It's just too bad they had to get rid of these skits with Will Farrell's departure. I'd really like to see Farrell, Hammond, and possibly Norm MacDonald on a real Celebrity Jeopardy show. I wonder what would "Sean Connery" say to the real Alex Trebek...

No comments: